Shrimp, Jicama and Chile Vinegar Salad2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This salad is very easy to make and very refreshing on a hot summer day.” - by maddiesmom
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix rice vinegar, sugar, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a bowl; stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Place jicama and 1/3 of the vinegar dressing in a resealable plastic bag; seal and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place shrimp in a separate resealable plastic bag with 1/3 of the dressing; seal and refrigerate for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining vinegar dressing.
- Arrange alternate slices of tomatillo and tomato around the edge of a salad plate.
- Mound marinated jicama in the center of the plate and top with marinated shrimp.
- Pour remaining 1/3 of the dressing over salad.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 260 cal
- 1.7 g
- 35.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This was absolutely fabulous. I didn't quite have enough of the rice vinegar so for the rest of it I used apple cider vinegar. I didn't have any precooked shrimp so I cooked some with Old Bay Seasoni..." See moreng on them and chilled them before marinating."
Avocado-Lime Shrimp Salad (Ensalada de Camarones con Aguacate y Limon)
Sweet and Sour Spinach Jicama Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.