Vegetable Rice Pilaf in the Rice Cooker2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This works with any veggies that are about to go bad and you need to get rid of. The ingredients are basic and the recipe is easy to make since you can do it in the rice cooker. My husband and I were very impressed with how good this turned out, especially since I hardly did any work at all!” - by Ali
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Dissolve 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon in 3 1/2 cups water in a rice cooker.
- Stir rice, baby bok choy, green onions, carrot, and mushrooms into the bouillon and water mixture.
- Start rice cooker and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 50 minutes.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl; transfer mixture to a blender.
- Scoop about 1 cup of the rice mixture into the blender with the bouillon mixture; process until mixture becomes a thin paste, adding more water as needed.
- Mix the rice paste with the remaining cooked vegetables and rice until thoroughly combined.
- Season with black pepper.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 358 cal
- 1 g
- 77.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This was simple and easy... but I would half the rice, double the veggies, and use a tad more liquid than the recipe said to use. We're trying to lower our cholesterol, so the more veggies I can sque..." See moreeze into our day the better. It went great with the Thai Coconut Soup recipe from Allrecipes. And I was excited to use bok choy for the first time in a recipe. I didn't use the leafy part of it, don't know if you're supposed to or not. Thanks for sharing!"
"This isn't bad, although I thought it could use a little more seasoning. I didn't use chicken bullion, however, so perhaps that is the problem; I used 2 cans of chicken stock and it seemed to work we..." See morell. I did have some issues with my rice cooker; perhaps the amount is too much for it? I had to keep unplugging and starting it on cook again. It does make lots of rice for two people anyway, so I believe I'll halve it next time. I agree with the other reviewer who suggests more liquid, less rice, and more veggies. Thanks for the recipe!"
Slow Cooker Spicy Black-Eyed Peas
Slow Cooker Fruit, Nuts, and Spice Oatmeal
Just swipe to see more like this.