Cranberry and Almond Rice Pilaf6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“I've been making this dish for years - it's different from typical rice pilaf dishes in that the cranberries add the sweetness and the tartness that you don't expect in a savory dish. Oh, and it's super hard to fumble.” - by BOGINIA2
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cranberries and jasmine rice into onion until rice is coated with oil and rice is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes more.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 22 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir green onions, cilantro, and almonds into rice mixture. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 213 cal
- 3.9 g
- 39.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Wow! This was delicious. Been trying to find a recipe similar to Fish City Grill's rice that they serve with their talapia. This wasn't it, but it was absolutely delicious, and I'm glad I tried it. It..." See more has a mildly sweet flavor that complements my blackened talapia toning down some of the spiciness. Easy to make too. It was great without the cilantro and extra onions, but I might try them next time just to see the difference. The slivered almonds are a must though."
"Just made it. Very easy - and so good!!! I used pecans instead of almonds as that is what I had in the house. Bringing it to a friends house for dinner tonight...." See more"
Sarah's Rice Pilaf
Parmesan-Black Pepper Arborio Rice Pilaf
Just swipe to see more like this.