Beet and Carrot Cake3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is a very moist and delicious cake. Don't let the name or ingredients fool you!! This cake can be frosted or eaten as is. I suggest a cream cheese frosting...tastes the best!!” - by Anna
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, raisins, coconut, wheat germ, wheat bran, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk vegetable oil and eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Stir oil mixture, carrots, and beets into flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until center of cake bounces back when touched, about 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 416 cal
- 23.8 g
- 48.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I omitted wheat germ and wheat bran, used 1 C oil + .5 C milk instead of 1.5 C oil, and 14 oz fresh, raw grated beets instead of canned. I think the cake would be a lot better with the following cha..." See morenges: more sugar, less cinnamon plus other spices (maybe nutmeg and allspice), and vanilla extract. Some grated orange peel would be good, too. If you are using raw beets like I did, I would reduce beets and increase carrots. The beet flavor was dominant in mine."
"This recipe turned out great, with a few modifications. I used 2 cups of boiled and pureed beets (instead of canned), added 1/2 tsp nutmeg amd 1 tsp vanilla, and substituted 1 c apple sauce for 1 c ..." See moreof the oil (reducing the oil in the recipe to 1/2 cup). I spooned the batter into greased muffin pans, and baked at 350 for about 25 minutes. The muffins (or cupcakes) turned out moist and delicious, and my kids loved them. I must say that I was excited about the vivid magenta batter, but in the end, the muffins only had a tinge of red on top - the insides were a typical carrot cake colour. What a great way to use some excess beets and carrots, and sneak more veggies into my kids!"
Moist Carrot Cake
Sister Beth's Carrot Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.