Quinoa with Salmon and Swiss Chard4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Quinoa is a high flavor, high protein grain made popular by the Incas, then rediscovered by NASA. Need I say any more?” - by mmarshall
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and 2 cloves garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir quinoa into onion mixture until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth into quinoa mixture. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat salmon, white wine, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until salmon is cooked through and easily flaked with a fork, 10 to 12 minutes; drain.
- Transfer salmon to a plate and flake fish meat; discard skin and set salmon aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir 2 cloves garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir Swiss chard and lemon juice into garlic until Swiss chard begins to soften, about 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Gently fold flaked salmon and chard into the cooked quinoa. Season with salt and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 471 cal
- 18 g
- 40.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I enjoyed making this dish. Next time I need to use more Swiss Chard because the bunch I got had a lot of leaves that looked like they were starting to spoil. I also put more lemon in for the fish, ..." See morebut that is just a personal preference. I will be making this again!"
"Tried cooking this meal tonight. It was actually very tasty, and is a very nutritious meal. The Quinoa is labeled a "super food" and Swiss Chard is one of the most nutritious vegetables. Add the be..." See morenefits of Salmon and garlic, and you have a winner. It also tastes very good. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the presentation. It doesn't really look very attractive, but it's worth it for the taste and quality of the meal."
Swiss Chard with Pinto Beans and Goat Cheese
Quinoa Chard Pilaf
Just swipe to see more like this.