Fennel Apple Salad6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“A simple, refreshing, savory-sweet salad. Thinly sliced fennel is tossed with apple, orange, herbs and an orange- Dijon vinaigrette. Would pair beautifully with grilled fish or roasted, herb chicken and a crisp white wine such as a Sancerre.” - by EAUBELLE
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Toss fennel, apple, clementine segments, kalamata olives, and Swiss chard together in a large bowl.
- Scatter basil and parsley atop fennel salad.
- Whisk lemon juice, orange juice, Dijon mustard, celery seed, oregano, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into lemon juice mixture while whisking vigorously to combine dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to combine.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 216 cal
- 16.7 g
- 18.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I was shocked at how much I loved this salad. The ingredients are an odd combination but they go together really well. Both savory and sweet, fresh and flavorful. I was able to use all the greens f..." See morerom my garden. Though I did make a couple minor substitutions - I used beet greens instead of chard because that's what I had growing. And I used a regular orange instead of a clementine, omitting the orange juice in the dressing. Finally, I used celery salt instead of celery seed and salt separately. The biggest surprise was how great the olives interacted with the rest of the ingredients. Fabulous! Each of the four servings this makes is pretty large. Add a hunk of meat, fish or a bean patty and you have a great summer meal."
"This salad was amazing!!! It was perfect just the way it was written and I wouldn't change a thing. The dressing was the perfect compliment to it. Thanks for sharing...:)..." See more"
Tomato Mozzarella Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.