Brown Rice and Corn Cakes4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“A delicious and different side dish that goes with any meat. It works equally well for a family supper or a special dinner. Wild rice can be substituted for brown rice for a more formal dinner.” - by Krysie
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine corn, rice, milk, eggs, and chives in a large bowl.
- Mix flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper together in a separate bowl.
- Stir flour mixture into corn mixture until well combined.
- Heat olive oil on a griddle or a large skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop 1/4-cup portions of corn mixture onto heated griddle. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 285 cal
- 6.1 g
- 53.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I used chopped onions instead of chives, and soy milk instead of cow's milk. Great tasting breakfast instead of pancakes!..." See more"
"About as good as it gets. The taste is spectacular, they're filling, they're cheap to make, and they're really healthy for you. The first time I made exactly according the the recipe. Second time ..." See morearound added about a quarter cup of Parmesan cheese and used corn right off the cob that I had roasted first. Even better. Highly recommended recipe."
Home-Style Brown Rice Pilaf
Brown Rice and Quinoa Sushi Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.