Carlee's Celebrate Spring Cupcakes4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Cupcakes with creamy chocolate surprise centers and a cute little bird's nest on top of creamy chocolate frosting. Made these in honor of my daughter, Carlee.” - by CC♥'s2bake
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Place chocolate cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 19 to 23 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool thoroughly.
- Beat the 2 packages of pudding mix with milk in a bowl using an electric mixer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Beat thawed whipped topping into pudding mixture to make a creamy filling.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cup chocolate pudding filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large piping tip.
- Press the piping tip into the center of each cupcake and fill cupcake with about 1 1/2 tablespoon of pudding mixture.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of remaining pudding mixture about 1 1/2 inches across into the center of each cupcake to make a nest. Press chocolate sprinkles into edges of the nests; place 3 mini chocolate eggs into each nest.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 211 cal
- 10 g
- 28.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"As the submitter of this simple but fun cupcake idea, I have to say there seems to be one typo and that is, you will need about one tablespoon of sprinkles per cupcake, not just one tablespoon total. ..." See moreSo if you're low on sprinkles, get more before you start, lol. I find the cupcakes fill easily, but if you want to make it really easy, carve out a small section of the center first. The topping will cover the hole. If you aren't into so much chocolate, use any combination of cake and pudding flavors to suit. Enjoy."
"What a wonderful cupcake! I made these this afternoon with my little guy and we had a blast. The creamy filling/frosting is absolutely delicious and I definitely will be using it for other cupcakes ..." See moreas well. Thanks for sharing this cute, easy and fun cupcake!"
"These were definately a hit with my family and kiddos. Made a Duncan Hines devils food cake and for the frosting, I used sugar free/fat free chocolate pudding, skim milk and fat free whipped topping. ..." See moreDelicious and light! Kiddos decorated them with the chocolate sprinkles and Cadbury mini candy coated eggs. Thanks!"
Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes
4th of July Star Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.