Lemon-Filled Cupcakes3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“My family requests that I make these cupcakes every time I come home. For all lemon lovers!” - by navywife
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat lemon cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes in the preheated oven until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool cupcakes thoroughly.
- Cut vegetable shortening and 1/4 cup butter together in a bowl with a pastry cutter until well mixed. Beat lemon juice into shortening mixture until creamy.
- Stir 2 cups confectioners' sugar into shortening mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, until the filling is smooth. Set filling aside.
- Place white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave on High for 15 seconds and stir chocolate. Continue heating in 15-second intervals, stirring between heating until white chocolate is melted and smooth.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Stir in melted white chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in 4 cups confectioners' sugar, alternating with drizzles of orange juice, to make a smooth and creamy frosting.
- Cut holes through the top of each cupcake. Holes should be deep enough to put filling inside.
- Spoon lemon filling into the holes.
- Pipe the cream cheese frosting on top of cupcakes; sprinkle with lemon zest.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 379 cal
- 19 g
- 50.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made these for Easter this year and they went over really well. I think next time I will use a little more lemon flavor in the topping. As a side note, I used some of those lemon gummy candies that ..." See morelook like lemon wedges as a garnish on the top; they turned out cute and the gummy candy worked with the icing flavor."
"I made these for a bridal shower and everyone LOVED them. I did add a little lemon zest in the frosting rather then just the top. I topped them with crushed up lemon head candy...." See more"
Carrot Pineapple Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.