Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“A moist carrot cake is topped with creamy cream cheese frosting.” - by GeniusTeenager15
Original recipe yields 1 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease 12 muffin cups with butter or line with paper liners.
- Sift flour, white sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger together in a large bowl.
- Beat canola oil and eggs into flour mixture with an electric mixer, beating each egg thoroughly before adding the next one.
- Stir carrots into mixture until well combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full with carrot mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cupcakes are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Beat unsalted butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer on high speed in a bowl until fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar until combined. Increase speed to high, and beat until the frosting is fluffy, about 3 more minutes.
- Fill a pastry bag with the cream cheese frosting and pipe onto the cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 611 cal
- 32.6 g
- 74 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I have to start off by saying that the flavor of the cupcakes were good, however they were the driest cupcakes that I have ever tasted or tried to eat. If you use this recipe make sure you use more oi..." See morel than this one calls for. Good Luck"
"Made 12 large and 16 mini cupcakes. Batter was dry and dense. Frosting recipe had double the amount of cream cheese and butter needed and still I had a cup of it left over...." See more"
Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing from Egg Farmers of Ontario
Just swipe to see more like this.