Fried Asparagus Sticks2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“This recipe is a tasty way to get in your veggies that even kids and picky eaters will enjoy!” - by mmmhmmmgood
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Heat 1-inch vegetable oil in a deep-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk buttermilk, paprika, black pepper, and lemon zest together in a wide bowl.
- Pour flour into a separate wide bowl.
- Place a paper towel-lined plate near the stove top.
- Dip 1/3 of asparagus in buttermilk mixture.
- Transfer asparagus to flour and coat thoroughly.
- Repeat with a second layer of buttermilk mixture and flour.
- Fry coated asparagus in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to the paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat the battering and frying process until all the sticks are cooked. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 145 cal
- 5.6 g
- 18.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I love your idea of using lemon zest and double coating the asparagus! Might I suggest placing the seasonings in the flour instead of the buttermilk because most of the seasoning will simply drip off ..." See morebefore being rolled in the flour otherwise. If it's in the flour it will stick."
Stir Fried Asparagus
Asian Marinated Asparagus
Just swipe to see more like this.