Haluski - Cabbage and Noodles3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Egg noodles with cooked chopped cabbage and onions - a great ethnic dish!” - by PAgirlgoneSouth
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in egg noodles and return to a boil. Cook noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender but still slightly firm, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir onions until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook and stir remaining butter and cabbage into onions until cabbage is softened but not browned, 5 to 8 more minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place cooked noodles and cabbage mixture in a large roasting pan and stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with more salt and black pepper if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, 30 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 319 cal
- 17.1 g
- 35.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"We love Haluski, altought I've never made it from "scratch" before. I've always bought it pre-made, frozen. So this was a first, this is a perfect base recipe but we like a little more flavor. MY TIP:..." See more Add a meat, like bacon or kielbaska- brown the meat first, set meat aside, then add the butter, onions...and so forth, into the meat drippings. Follow the recipe from there. Lastly chop up the meat into tiny pieces and add to the noodles. Also, a little sprinkling of garlic powder adds another flavor layer. Consider adding a box of frozen pierogi's at the very end and cook app 10 minutes longer till hot in the center. Still very simple and very good."
"I grew up eating Haluski and was looking for a great basic recipe. Instead of egg noodles I use 2 regular size (approx 8 oz) packages of potato gnocchi. Also, if you like your cabbage soft as my fami..." See morely did, you will need to cook it down a bit more before baking it. Delicious recipe!"
Cabbage and Noodles
Polish Cabbage Noodles
Just swipe to see more like this.