Easiest Falafel12 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Super quick and easy - you will probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already! Serve with your favorite sauce! I served mine with spicy mayo, made by mixing 3 tablespoons mayo with 1/2 tablespoon sriracha. It would also be great with tzatziki or spicy mustard.” - by jaclyncady
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Place garbanzo beans, 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, onion, 1/4 cup olive oil, egg, parsley, curry powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Puree until coarse crumbles form. Blend more panko crumbs into mixture if it is too moist.
- Roll mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball; place on a plate.
- Press into patties and coat in panko bread crumbs.
- Heat about 1-inch olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pan-fry patties until crispy, about 3 minutes on each side.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 301 cal
- 17.8 g
- 31.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"These were different from any falafel that I have ever had, and I LOVED them! The curry powder gave these wonderful flavor. The insides were a beautiful bright yellow...so pretty. Almost too pretty to..." See more eat. Almost. Loved the crunch of the panko. These could've used a bit more salt, IMO, but that would be my only change next time. Served w/ 'Roasted Garlic Tzatziki', also from this site~YUM! Will be making these again! Thanks for sharing. :)"
"The curry gave it great taste but 1/4 cup olive oil made it really runny. I had to keep adding more and more bread crumbs so that my patties would stay together. The recipe also did not call for any ..." See moresalt. I added one teaspoon to mine.I will make this again but with those changes."
"These little patties are amazing! I did need to blend in more panko to help them hold their shape, but otherwise made exactly as written. Hubby was very pleasantly surprised by this one, as was I. I d..." See moreidn't even serve it with a sauce- the curry lends such a lovely flavor! I simply served it with some roasted vegetables, and it was a wonderful vegetarian meal. Thank you for sharing- it's a keeper for sure!"
Simple Falafel (Chickpea Burgers)
Just swipe to see more like this.