Colossal American Falafel1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“I wanted hummus for dinner but the hubby is a hearty eater so I figured meet in the middle and make falafels! Well, I got a little creative :) Great with tzaziki sauce or you can get all crazy and use jalapeno jelly like me.” - by Daniela Eve H.
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place garbanzo beans, 6 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, water, and tahini in a blender. Puree until thick and smooth. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir eggs into hummus mixture until completely mixed.
- Gently stir bread crumbs, carrots, onion, garlic salt, lemon pepper, onion powder, cumin, and turkey bacon into hummus mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop a large spoonful of falafel mixture into hot oil. Gently flatten into a thick disc. Cook patties until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a wire rack with paper towels underneath.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 526 cal
- 30.4 g
- 48.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Very tasty. I had to double the breadcrumbs because the batter was too soft and was breaking apart in the pan. I also added Italian Seasoning and Red Pepper Flakes because I like a kick. After pan-f..." See morerying I added to a whole wheat pita and topped with goat feta cheese, tzatziki sauce, lettuce, turkey bacon, and jalapenos. My brother and boyfriend enjoyed them very much!"
Simple Falafel (Chickpea Burgers)
Just swipe to see more like this.