No-Fuss Falafel1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Simple, easy, and delicious falafel - no breaking apart or spattering while frying! Try serving with pita, parsley and hummus or tahini sauce! Falafel is best when it is fresh. However, if you have leftovers, heat in a single layer in the oven to maintain crispiness.” - by Lola in the Kitchen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place garbanzo beans, parsley, onion, flour, garlic, cumin, baking powder, coriander, salt, lemon juice, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined and a chunky, slightly sticky mixture forms.
- Roll mixture into small balls and place on a plate. Flatten into patties that are 2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick.
- Place patties in refrigerator or freezer to help hold together, about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 1/2- to 2-inches vegetable oil in large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry patties, working in batches to avoid crowding, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Drain patties on paper towel-lined plate.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 203 cal
- 9.5 g
- 25.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I fried these on my vegetable oil sprayed griddle. I used buckwheat flour to make an interesting tasting version of this. It's a great simple meal when combined with some veggies!..." See more"
Sean's Falafel and Cucumber Sauce
Simple Falafel (Chickpea Burgers)
Just swipe to see more like this.