Mexican Chocolate Chili Cupcakes2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“These Duncan Hines chocolate cupcakes keep it muy interesante with a touch of cinnamon and cayenne pepper.” - by Duncan Hines® Canada
Original recipe yields 14 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix as directed. You will have your cake batter in one bowl and filling (from pouch in cake mix package) in a second bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to cake batter and mix well.
- Spoon cake batter into prepared cupcake liners and pan. Fill cupcake tins no more than half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling on top of the batter in the tins. Cover filling with a tablespoon of batter. Your tins should now be 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes as directed and cool completely.
- Prepare frosting by adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to each container of frosting that you use. Mix completely and frost cupcakes. For a more decorative look, utilize a frosting bag to frost cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 362 cal
- 15.7 g
- 53.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I tasted the batter and the spices were evident and even a tad bit spicy. After baking it however no one could tell there was anything different about these cupcakes from just plain chocolate cupcakes..." See more. I did not use the frosting and this review is ONLY on the cupcakes not the frosting. I had my family taste these cupcakes plain without frosting first. I used some homemade vanilla boiled frozen and thawed frosting and added a few pinches of the cinnamon and cayenne. I'm gonna keep trying this concept but with a different recipe."
Chocolate Almond Truffle Pop
White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.