Chocolate Almond Truffle Pop0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Enjoy a dessert fit for the stars! This cake pop recipe was served at the 63rd Primetime Emmy® Awards Governor's Ball. It was created exclusively for Duncan Hines by the Team USA's World Cup Pastry Team. Try it yourself! This features Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Cake Mix with chocolate ganache and almond butter. It's a rich, decadent treat.” - by Duncan Hines® Canada
Original recipe yields 40 cake pops
- Bake Duncan Hines® Triple Chocolate Cake Mix as directed on the back of the box in a 13x9 cake. Allow to cool completely.
- Crumble cake up into a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup prepared ganache and almond butter and stir until incorporated.
- Roll mixture into walnut-sized cake balls and transfer to a wax paper lined baking cookie sheet. Make sure balls are tightly packed and look smooth with no cracks.
- Transfer cookie sheet with cake balls to freezer or refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place coating chocolate in a small, deep microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring each time until completely melted. The melted coating should coat a spoon but will still be able to slowly drip off. If coating is too thick, add shortening or vegetable oil 1/2 teaspoon at a time. Do not exceed 2 teaspoons per 16 ounces of coating or the cake pops will crack.
- Remove cake balls from freezer. Dip tips of lollipop sticks into coating chocolate and insert sticks into cake balls no more than halfway into center. Let them set for 1 to 2 minutes, resting on the cake ball, sticks in the air.
- Pick up cake pop by the stick and dip into the coating chocolate. Gently tap stick against the side of bowl and rotate cake pop to help excess coating fall back into bowl. (Reheat and/or melt more glace as needed).
- Poke stick of cake pop into Styrofoam block to stand up straight and dry completely, about 5 minutes.
- Ganache Instructions: In a medium size pan, bring the cream to a simmer and add the orange zest. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate, and stir to incorporate. (Note: The truffle pops recipe does not use entire amount of ganache.)
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 195 cal
- 12.6 g
- 20.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Chocolate Marshmallow S'more Cupcakes
Decadent Chocolate Cherry Torte
Just swipe to see more like this.