Pink Ruffle Cake3 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“The ruffled frosting alone is a work of art, never mind the delicious Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Cake inside.” - by Duncan Hines® Canada
Original recipe yields 1 cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make Triple Chocolate Cake Mix as directed on box in two 8-inch round layers. Let cakes cool completely.
- Put cake layers, uncovered, in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Empty vanilla frosting into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 10-second bursts, just until frosting is soft enough to easily spread and mix.
- Add pink gel paste color by dipping a toothpick into color and transferring color to frosting. Mix completely until no more white is visible in frosting. Add more color as needed.
- Remove cake layers from freezer. Frost surface of bottom layer of cake, then place top layer on bottom layer. Lightly frost sides and top of whole layer cake, then place cake in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Put remaining frosting in piping bag with petal tip attached.
- Take cake back out of refrigerator. Hold pastry bag straight up and down with narrow end of petal tip facing you and wider end of the tip against edge of the cake.
- Beginning at bottom of the cake, squeeze bag and move tip back and forth as you build a vertical "wall" of ruffles, one on top of the next, up entire side of the cake. When your first column of ruffles is done, start piping your next ruffle column next to the completed ruffles. Proceed all the way around cake until complete.
- If you want to ruffle the top of your cake, use the same technique but tilt the piping bag at a 45 degree angle. Instead of lying on top of each other, the ruffles will overlap each other (like shingles).
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 1492 cal
- 64.5 g
- 228.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"LOVE IT, I made this for a 3year old girls birthday and everyone loved it. The ruffles are soooooo cute...." See more"
"i love love love this idea!!!!! i made it twice the first time i made it pink and the second time i made a pattern of pink, yellow and orange..." See more"
Chocolate Almond Truffle Pop
Dulce de Leche Cake from Duncan Hines(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.