Red and White Velvet Cookies1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 42 min
“An elegant, crisp, buttery red velvet cookie with a delicious white chocolate contrast.” - by Duncan Hines® Canada
Original recipe yields 48 cookies
- Melt butter; set aside to cool. Place cake mix, egg, cooled butter and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Mix by hand until well blended and dough is formed.
- Form dough into a smooth 12-inch log on wax paper or parchment making sure it is even in thickness end to end. Wrap in wax paper; seal in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets. Unwrap dough log and set on wax paper. Using a sharp knife, cut into 48 slices about 1/4-inch thick. Place on cool baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in center of oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Make dip by placing pieces of baking bar in small, DRY, microwave-safe bowl along with shortening. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir to blend. If needed, continue to microwave in 30-second intervals. Blend each time. Avoid overheating.
- Dip each cookie into chocolate to coat half of cookie. Place on wax paper or parchment-lined sheets and refrigerate about 15 minutes or until dip is set. Store in airtight container with wax paper or parchment separating layers.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 107 cal
- 5.8 g
- 13 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe More Reviews
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.