Sweet Potato and Peanut Stew3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This recipe makes me feel good. It's very different. There a number of steps, so you can't just put it on the stove and leave it, but the results make it worthwhile. Can be made with ground turkey or vegetarian, and it's dairy-free.” - by ChollaCat
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir turkey, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until turkey is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink.
- Season turkey mixture with ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Stir sweet potatoes into pot and cover with 6 cups water. Simmer until sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 1/4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork; set aside.
- Mix peanut butter with about 1 cup liquid from the sweet potato stew in a bowl until smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture back into the pot.
- Mix Swiss chard into stew and cook until tender, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve stew spooned over couscous.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 531 cal
- 21.5 g
- 58.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Different, but quite tasty. Did use some salt tho...." See more"
"Tasty soup. I did think it needed salt and some heat. I like the contrast of sweet sweet potatoes with a little zip, so I added some chipotle chili powder. My only change was to use a mixed bag of bab..." See morey greens ( kale, chard and spinach) instead chard. Baby green are more tender imho.. nice dinner"
Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
Sweet Potato Cooked in Ginger Syrup
Just swipe to see more like this.