Cheesy Rutabaga Bake5 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Great alternative to potatoes! A rich creamy homemade cheese sauce pepped up with a few select spices makes a great accompaniment to any meal!” - by ChefHouse
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring rutabaga to a boil into a large pot of salted water over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in melted butter until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour into garlic mixture until smooth.
- Slowly whisk milk into flour mixture until thickened and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir Cheddar cheese into milk sauce until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Transfer rutabaga to the prepared baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over rutabaga.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and paprika over rutabaga.
- Bake in preheated oven until sauce is thickened and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 299 cal
- 19.2 g
- 20.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"really easy, tasted yummy. will make again for sure!..." See more"
"This dish was very good. I like rutabaga anyway, but adding cheese just brings it up a notch. I made a smaller quantity with just one rutabaga and I still have enough leftovers for a couple more mea..." See morels. It could become a one dish meal with some diced ham added. I will make this again. Thank you."
Cheesy Ham Potato Bake
Easy, Cheesy Zucchini Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.