Alfredo Rutabaga2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I never thought that a rutabaga recipe would become a favorite among my family, but after making it once it has made many appearances on our dinner table.” - by snickerdoodle
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add rutabaga and boil until tender, about 30 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour heavy cream into melted butter and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Stir Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and salt into cream until cheese is completely melted, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in egg yolk; simmer until sauce is thickened, about 3 more minutes, whisking constantly.
- Mix rutabaga into the sauce until well coated.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 372 cal
- 34.7 g
- 10.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Amazing. I microwaved the rutabaga probably for 6 minutes and used a parmesan/mozarella grated cheese mix. I also skipped the egg, since we were out, but it worked out fine! I'm holding myself back..." See more from licking the skillet. Reminds me of cauliflower in a cheese sauce, but better."
Buttery Alfredo Sauce
Spinach Alfredo Sauce (Better than Olive Garden(R))
Just swipe to see more like this.