Baked Avocado Tacos5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“One of the gourmet food trucks in my area started serving deep fried avocado tacos and I decided to serve this at home. Everyone cleans the plate with this recipe. This is an easy vegetarian meal that satisfies even the hungriest carnivore. Be sure to pick out perfectly ripe avocados for this recipe - you want them firm but creamy!” - by Manda
Original recipe yields 16 tacos
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
- Beat milk, eggs, and garlic together in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Dip each slice of avocado into flour mixture. Dip the avocado slice into the egg mixture, letting the excess egg drip back into the egg bowl, then dip the slice back into flour mixture. Repeat with remaining avocado slices.
- Arrange coated avocado slices in the prepared baking dish. Spray the tops of the slices with more cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the coating is browned, about 20 minutes. Check for doneness after 15 minutes; rotate the pan once during baking if slices are browning unevenly.
- Stack corn tortillas on a microwave-safe dish with a piece of parchment paper between each tortilla. Heat in the microwave until hot and pliable, about 1 minute.
- Place a heated tortilla onto a work surface; top with chopped cabbage. Place an avocado slice on the cabbage; top taco with cherry tomato halves and shredded Cheddar cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- For extra flavor, top each taco with a dollop of taco sauce and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 414 cal
- 15.5 g
- 59.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"OH YUM! First I have to say that I am absolute fan of the avocado being cook this way. It was soooo good that I could've just eaten it like that w/ a dipping sauce, lol. Ok, back to the taco...this wa..." See mores a last minute decision for lunch today to use up some avocados, so I had to go with what I had on hand. I didn't have any corn tortillas, and personally they are not my fave, so I used a WW flour tortilla. Also, I had no cabbage, so I just used lettuce and chopped up a regular tomato. I can't believe how wonderfully crispy and delcious the avocado came out (no one would know that these were baked ad not fried). I served it w/ a side of sour cream and taco sauce, which I think is a must! I will def be making these over and over~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)"
"I followed your recipe exact and the avocado didn't brown up and really felt this recipe needs some work...." See more"
Ranch Chicken Tacos
Tacos al Pastor
Just swipe to see more like this.