Secret Recipe Chicken Fricassee3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“This was my Grandma's secret family recipe from her French ancestors. I have never seen a recipe like this on any site. It's a rich creamy sauce over chicken...great with mashed potatoes. A great dish for Easter or Christmas.” - by jodilmayer
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix flour and margarine together in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the flour and margarine form a paste.
- Whisk cream into flour mixture about 1/2 cup at a time until smoothly combined; whisk in chicken broth and parsley. Bring sauce to a simmer, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Whisk egg yolk mixture slowly into cream mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce barely comes to a simmer and coats the back of a spoon. Do not boil.
- If thicker sauce is desired, whisk cornstarch and 1/4 cup of sauce in a small bowl; stir cornstarch mixture back into sauce until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken breast pieces into sauce until chicken is heated through.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 693 cal
- 61.7 g
- 12.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Tastes really good, similar to hollandaise sauce. It tasted even better with the mashed potatoes. I think next time I will put some veggies in it and try it with noodles or rice. I also wonder how I c..." See morean make it not separate, it was probably the margarine I was using but it sucks when it separates because it doesn't look as appetizing as it really is. Also the recipe makes a ton which is why next time I will half it. of course I didn't use 4 chicken breasts because we usually get full with 2 or 3 cut up in sauce no matter what it is. But I don't think 4 chicken breasts would suffice with the amount it makes. definitely worth trying and tweaking to your tastes although the original is still very good!"
"This is really tasty! You can use skim milk you'll just need to add a little more flour for your roux. Don't let this recipe intimidate you, its easy and great for leftover chicken!..." See more"
Easy After Work Chicken Francaise
Jenny's Cuban-Style Slow-Cooker Chicken Fricassee
Just swipe to see more like this.