Easter Rice Pie2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“This recipes makes 2 Easter pies with rice and pineapple filling.” - by TINATED
Original recipe yields 2 single-crust pies
- Grease two 9-inch pie plates.
- Pulse flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt in a food processor several times until combined.
- Place butter into the flour mixture and pulse just until butter resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in 1 egg and vanilla extract; process until dough holds together, about 30 seconds.
- Place dough on a well-floured work surface, divide in half, and roll each piece into a 9-inch round crust.
- Fit crusts into the prepared pie plates and freeze for 1 hour.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; stir in rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until rice has absorbed the water, about 20 minutes.
- Stir milk into the rice and bring to a simmer; cook until thickened, stirring often, about 10 more minutes. Set rice mixture aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat ricotta cheese, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 6 eggs together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in cooked rice mixture and crushed pineapple until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the filling between the 2 cold pie crusts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set and the tops are golden brown, about 90 minutes. Cool on racks.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 359 cal
- 14.2 g
- 48.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I used my typical pie crust recipe. Because I only wanted d1 pie, I used half of all the ingredients for the filling, except that I forgot to divide the ricotta cheese amount! I used honey in place ..." See moreof the sugar. I didn't think much of this as a dessert after a full meal. Later, when I tasted it alone, I really enjoyed the light taste! Great recipe!"
Easter Grain Pie
Grandma's Easter Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.