Bunny Bread6 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“I love this bunny bread. I make it every Easter and have it at my Easter dinner. Sometimes I cut a hole in the tummy and fill with dip, or eat it as bread with dinner. S0 easy to make and my kids love helping me. I have also made this with rosemary bread and wheat bread.” - by icook
Original recipe yields 1 loaf bunny bread
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Cut off 1/4 of the dough from 1 loaf and form into a pear-shaped ball for the bunny head.
- Form the remaining 3/4 loaf into a fat oval shape for the body. Place the body onto the prepared baking sheet and attach the head by pinching the 2 pieces together.
- Make narrow cuts, about 3/4 in deep, on each side of head for whiskers.
- Cut second loaf of dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll 2 pieces into 16-inch ropes. Fold each rope in half, and pinch the ends to the head to form ears.
- Cut the third piece of dough in half and shape into 2 ovals about 3 1/2 inches long for back paws. Attach the paws to the bottom sides of the body. Make two 1-inch cuts on the paws for toes.
- Cut the remaining dough into 3 pieces. Form 2 pieces into balls and pinch on sides for front paws.
- Divide the remaining piece of dough into 3 equal pieces and roll into 1-inch balls. Press the dough balls onto the the face to form two cheeks and a nose.
- Press raisins onto the face to make eyes.
- Press almond slices close together onto face to make bunny teeth.
- Cover and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush the loaf lightly with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, line a serving platter with lettuce leaves and place the bunny in the center.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 264 cal
- 4.2 g
- 44 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Very tasty and delicious. One thing though, when you bake it, make sure the bunny is already dead. That brought me some troubles...." See more"
"This is fun and easy to make and comes out so cute. I've made this several times and it is always a hit...." See more"
Just swipe to see more like this.