Chipotle Pineapple Ham0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 45 min
“Easter Ham with a chipotle/pineapple/bourbon mixture that's to die for! Don't want to take credit for it though, it's a mixture of a couple recipes that I found.” - by jraddude
Original recipe yields 1 whole smoked ham
- Place chipotle peppers, brown sugar, pineapple, nutmeg, ginger, and bourbon whiskey in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use a sharp knife to make diagonal cuts in the ham about 1 inch apart and 1/2 inch deep in a diamond pattern. Place smoked ham in a large bowl; pour the chipotle marinade over the ham and refrigerate ham in marinade for 3 to 6 hours, turning ham occasionally in the marinade to flavor all sides.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove ham from marinade, reserving the marinade; place ham into a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Bring the marinade to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth; whisk the mixture into the hot marinade. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- After ham has baked for 30 minutes, spoon the hot marinade over the ham.
- Return ham to oven and continue baking until glaze is baked onto the ham and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham, not touching bone, reads at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 1 1/2 more hours. Baste ham with the glaze every 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 677 cal
- 42.3 g
- 28.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Ham with Pineapple
Glazed Ham with Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.