Mom's Easter Potato-Zucchini Casserole2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This is an easy make-ahead crowd pleaser to accompany a ham or roast. Don't tell the kids there's zucchini in it and they will never know! I always double the recipe since it goes fast. Broccoli can be substituted for the zucchini.” - by kdelegan
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease an 8x10-inch casserole dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pot over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth and let the paste simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in milk, about 1/2 cup at a time, and bring to a simmer. Whisk constantly until sauce is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in cream cheese and Swiss cheese until melted; stir in salt and nutmeg.
- Mix hash brown potatoes and zucchini into the cheese mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer potato mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 35 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon melted butter and bread crumbs together in a bowl. Sprinkle topping over the casserole and return to oven; bake until topping is lightly golden brown, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 329 cal
- 23.4 g
- 20.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Easter Breakfast Casserole
Creamy Broccoli Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.