Double Tacos9 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Crunchy and soft tacos make a great couple. The soft taco, layered with a mixture of refried beans and Velveeta, act as a cushion to keep the crunchy taco shell, filled with taco meat and toppings, from breaking. It's fun for kids and adults, too! This recipe is versatile and toppings are a matter of preference. We prefer shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce, hot sauce, and sometimes guacamole. Enjoy!” - by cwoods81
Original recipe yields 10 double tacos
- Cook ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat until beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease from the skillet.
- While beef cooks, stir taco seasoning mix into water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir taco seasoning mixture into ground beef and onion mixture; simmer on medium-low heat while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Stir refried beans and cubed process cheese food together in a separate small saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until cheese food has melted completely into the beans, about 10 minutes.
- Divide refried bean mixture between flour tortillas; spread into an even layer to cover one side completely.
- Wrap tortillas around the crisp taco shells, using bean mixture to stick the tortillas to the shells.
- Spoon seasoned ground beef into the taco shells.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 347 cal
- 16 g
- 31.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I submitted this recipe but the editors must have changed it. I never cook the taco seasoning and water separate from the meat! I brown the meat, drain it, and add the seasoning/water in with it. No n..." See moreeed to dirty an extra pan!"
"Great recipe and a fabulous combination of crunchy and soft! I followed the submitter's advice for the cooking instructions... I used lean ground beef and for the seasoning I used "Seasoning For Tac..." See moreos" from this site. I'm not the biggest fan of Velveeta, but my husband loves it and this really worked for this recipe. This was so good with all the fixin's - chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, picante sauce, and sour cream! Thanks for a great recipe cwoods81!"
"I don't know why allrecipes does that, change your submitted recipe. I've seen that on other recipes before and the submitter has to come on and restate the original steps because someone in the allre..." See morecipes kitchen or editing department thinks it should be otherwise. Your recipe sounds great, I am definitely going to try it very soon. Thanks for sharing."
Double Decker Tacos
Crunchy Corn Chip Tacos
Just swipe to see more like this.