Baked Sweet Potato Falafel2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Extremely easy version of the traditional dish. Delicious when served as a side dish or snack- I always get people asking me for this recipe!” - by Lauren
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Puncture sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Cook in microwave on High for 5 minutes. Flip and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 3 to 5 more minutes; cool. Peel skin off and cut sweet potatoes into large chunks.
- Mash garbanzo beans with a fork or potato masher in a bowl.
- Stir sweet potatoes and egg into mashed garbanzo beans to form a smooth consistency.
- Stir 2 cups flour, garlic powder, cumin, and coriander into sweet potato mixture to form a cookie dough consistency. Adjust with more flour if necessary.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Slightly flatten balls into patties.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 288 cal
- 1.9 g
- 58.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I used spelt flour instead of the kind called for. My mashed beans were a bit chunky. The flavor is great, and the ease of preparation was easy. Wonderful recipe!..." See more"
"Disappointing - I tried this recipe exactly as directed. My sweet potatos may have not been large enough. It turned out very very bland. Even with more sweet potato this recipe would need a lot more s..." See morepice than it had, and possibly less flour. If you make it definitely don't hesitate to adjust it. The batch I made are inedible without sauce or something to flavour them."
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Raisins and Pecans
Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Just swipe to see more like this.