Root Veggie Crisps with Greek Yogurt Dip2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“My better half could not eat potatoes for a year (it's a long story), and used to make her own potato chips (crisps) from other sources, such as sweet potatoes and beets. The secret to this recipe is to slice the vegetables ultra thin. I use a mandolin or the slicing blade on my food processor. This makes a unique appetizer for a Super Bowl party!” - by wsf
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 360 degrees F (182 degrees C).
- Carefully fry beet, sweet potato, turnip, parsnip, and golden beet slices in the hot oil, working in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove vegetable chips with a slotted spoon and transfer to paper towels to drain. Allow to dry and cool.
- Season chips with sea salt, cracked black pepper, and malt vinegar to taste.
- Combine yogurt, parsley, mint, garlic, and green onions together in a bowl. Stir lemon juice, salt, and white pepper into yogurt mixture to your taste preference.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 275 cal
- 18.2 g
- 25 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Easy Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
Greek Garden Spread
Just swipe to see more like this.