Mediterranean Brown Rice Salad6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a favorite of mine! My stepmom and I first made this my freshman year in college as an experiment, and I have been making it ever since. May be served hot or cold.” - by Anne
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Combine red bell pepper, peas, raisins, onion, and olives in a bowl.
- Whisk vegetable oil, vinegar, and mustard together in a separate bowl for the balsamic dressing.
- Stir brown rice and balsamic dressing into vegetable mixture. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Top brown rice and vegetables with feta cheese before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 451 cal
- 23.5 g
- 54.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I enjoyed this unique and different salad alot! I made some slight adjustments but otherwise stayed true to the recipe and enjoyed the combination of ingredients that made this savory and sweet salad...." See more I used a rice blend instead of all brown and used 1/2 cup diced carrots and 1/2 cup of diced celery and omitted the peas. I also diced the red pepper and used 1/2 cup. I used white balsamic vinegar and loved the mild and pleasant sweet flavor combined with the tang of the Dijon mustard. The feta cheese was the crown jewel tying it all together. I liked it best after it was chilled. I will make this again without a doubt. (recipe made for *RECIPE GROUP*)"
"Made this for Recipe Group...This was nice for a change! I made my life even easier and used a bag of 'steamfresh brown rice', which cooked up in no time. I halved the dressing b/c these was less rice..." See more in the bag, and used roasted red peppers instead of fresh. Also, I omitted the raisins, they just didn't sound good to me in this. Loved all of the different textures going on in this! All in all this made a nice, light lunch, and I would make it again! Thanks for sharing. :)"
Nutty Brown Rice Salad
Amazing Brown Rice Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.