Justin's Frosted Chocolate Cone Cakes2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“An easy-to-do chocolate cake in ice cream cones with yummy cheese frosting. A sure hit with kids and adults!” - by CHARSIEW
Original recipe yields 10 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Set ice cream cones upright in 10 muffin cups.
- Whisk flour, white sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in water and cocoa powder until thoroughly combined.
- Stir melted butter mixture into flour mixture. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until the batter is moistened.
- Beat batter with an electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute.
- Spoon chocolate cake batter into ice cream cones, leaving about 1 inch of space at the top.
- Bake immediately in the preheated oven (to avoid cones becoming soggy) until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cake center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool thoroughly, about 1 hour.
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Frost cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 292 cal
- 13.4 g
- 39.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"THIS RECIPE ROCKS !! HANDS DOWN DELISH !! Light, fluffy,so amazingly good. ! No need for frosting, they are that good. But I made the frosting for kids and tinted the frosting different colors and a..." See moredded choc. chips, yum ! I did not use the cones, filled cupcake tin about 1/2 way. Had no buttermilk, so I substituted 1/4 cup milk + 1/2 teas. white vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes before adding. Don't be alarmed that mixture is thin. I thought I didn't follow recipe correctly but they came out PERFECT ! THIS RECIPE IS A KEEPER !!! Try it, you'll be glad you did !!"
Rich Indulgence Chocolate Cakes
Idahoan Potato Chocolate Cake Pops
Just swipe to see more like this.