Mascarpone Strawberry Cupcakes7 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“These are the most moist cupcakes I have ever had. It is more of an adult cupcake, as it is not piled with frosting. The glaze on top gives just enough sweetness and flavor!” - by laureng
Original recipe yields 1 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- Stir cake mix, water, mascarpone cheese, vegetable oil, and egg whites in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour cake mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Place strawberries in a food processor or blender; puree until smooth.
- Stir pureed strawberries and confectioners' sugar together in a bowl.
- Spoon strawberry mixture on top of cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 409 cal
- 17.9 g
- 60.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"These cupcakes were absolutely delicious! I substitued canola oil for the vegetable oil. For the glaze I used more than 1/2 a cup of strawberries and only about a cup of sugar. I usually don't make r..." See moreecipes from this site that have low ratings, but I am glad I made these. Just a note - if you are using a regular cupcake pan, this recipe will make 18-24 cupcakes, not 12 like it states. I filled my cupcakes up to the top and ended up with a major muffin top. These store well unglazed. I kept them covered on the counter for a few days, and felt they got better a day or two after they were baked. I just kept the glaze in the fridge and used it as needed (which I also felt got better a day or two after it was made). I will definitely make these again, and experiment with different fruit glazes for the topping. Excellent - Five stars!!"
"I had some mascarpone left over from another recipie so I gave this recipe a try. The mascarpone really really maked a big difference - Delicious!..." See more"
"These cupcakes were disappointing. I made the cupcake part exactly as the recipe stated. They were fairly moist, but I thought they would be even more moist. They tasted like a normal cupcake to me. I..." See more don't know if I over-mixed or what. I prefer the ricotta cake recipe on this site, which also uses a box mix."
Lemon-Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Real Strawberry Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.