Poppy Onion Biscuits3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“A recipe that has been in our family for years.” - by MrsAltmiller
Original recipe yields 24 small rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with baking parchment.
- Mix onions, sugar, egg, vegetable oil, and warm water in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Mix the baking powder, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds into the onion mixture.
- Beat the flour into the onion mixture in batches with the mixer set to Low speed until incorporated into a dough.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, 20 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 219 cal
- 14.7 g
- 19 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"These turned out good, the only thing I did not put in was the poppy seeds. These have a nice onion flavor and were easy to make. I just drop the biscuits onto the pan, instead of having to roll out ..." See morethe dough then cut the biscuits."
"These looked good and browned very nicely, but I did not like the texture or taste. They basically have no taste and are a bit dry...." See more"
Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits
Beer Battered Onion Rings
Just swipe to see more like this.