Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes20 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Love to make these little guys for family gatherings or just as treats for home to pack into lunches. Easy recipe to make. Adaptations can be made to make this completely from scratch. This is just a yummy simplified version!” - by Bri
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cupcakes
- Move an oven rack into the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Line a work surface with waxed paper.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon melted butter into the bottom of each sprayed muffin cup.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon brown sugar in each muffin cup.
- Press a maraschino cherry into the center of the brown sugar in each muffin cup.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple over the cherry and compact it with the back of a spoon into an even layer.
- Mix pineapple cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice, and vegetable oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Turn mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour pineapple cake batter into the muffin cups, filling them to the top; do not overfill.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool at least 5 minutes before inverting muffin cups onto the waxed paper to release. Serve with pineapple and cherry sides up. Sprinkle cupcakes lightly with confectioners' sugar.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 236 cal
- 9 g
- 38.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"love these lil guys! its def more effort to do so many individual cakes but as far as presentation they're well worth it, make a cute idea for partys!!..." See more"
"I've been making this basic recipe for years with a couple differences: I used a yellow cake mix with the juice from the pineapple in place of the water (add water to the juice if necessary). I've u..." See moresed pineapple tidbits and rings cut up to fit instead of the crushed pineapple. Crushed pineapple can sometimes make the cake under it too mushy sometimes. Instead of putting the batter directly into the muffin pan, I used paper liners which is so much easier for lunches and serving at picnics. It's a surprise when they take the paper off to eat it! It's basically sweet enough for me to eat like this but occasionaly I've dusted powdered sugar on top of the cupcakes after slightly cooled. Oh, and if you're a coconut lover, add a little to the brown sugar before laying in the pineapple and cherries. This is a great recipe anyway you make it!"
"Loved these! Of course baking from scratch is always nice, but this is a great way to make a yummy finger food snack without the extra work. To me adding the pineapple juice to the Duncan Hines cake m..." See moreix gave it a real extra flavor boost (thanks for the tip!) I don't understand people who rate recipes down for using a mix aid, IF YOU DON'T LIKE MIX THEN DON'T MAKE THE RECIPE."
Carrot Pineapple Cupcakes
Pineapple Upside Down Cake from DOLE(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.