Boston Creme Mini-Cupcakes2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“Easy to make mini cupcakes that taste like a miniature Boston cream pie! This semi-homemade version of one of my favorite pies is a big hit at potlucks or just for a little snack to have around the house. It is also easy to make in stages and defrosts nicely when ready to serve by just letting them sit out for an hour or so on the counter.” - by veggiechef
Original recipe yields 2 dozen mini cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Stir yellow cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil in a bowl until moistened. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon cake batter into the prepared mini muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cupcakes have risen and are lightly golden brown, 15 to 19 minutes. Check for doneness after 10 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake should come out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Whisk instant French vanilla pudding mix and milk together in a bowl for 2 minutes. Allow pudding to stand for 5 more minutes to thicken.
- Pipe the vanilla pudding into each cupcake with about 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla pudding.
- Freeze filled cupcakes for at least 1 hour to make frosting them easier.
- Spread a very thin coating of chocolate frosting over each cupcake; refrigerate cupcakes for 15 minutes.
- Spread second, thicker layer of frosting over the first layer. Place small dollop of whipped cream into center of each frosted cupcake and top with a quarter of a maraschino cherry. Refrigerate mini cupcakes until serving time.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 248 cal
- 11.7 g
- 34.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This was very good, but I have a special kit for inserting the. Frosting... so I didn't. Need to use a seringe. And I did a rainbow cake instead of a plain white cake... Great for Easter. Tux for shar..." See moreing hope others like it too."
"I made these into full size cupcakes but instead of using canned frosting, I made a simple glaze with the "Satiny Chocolate Glaze" recipe from this site. Soooo simple to use.. just dip the tops and le..." See moret set in fridge! I didn't use the cherries, and the cream that I used for the center was a little different.. I infused my cream stuffed cupcake filling: (1/2 c solid vegetable shortening, 1 1/4 c powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3/4 marshmallow fluff, 3 to 4 tbsp milk) with some instant french vanilla pudding. Next time will add some more liquid to it or something cuz it was a little grainy from the instant pudding but everyone still raved about them!! BIG success!"
Cinco de Chili Chocolate Cupcakes with Chili Cream Cheese Frosting
Shauna's Boston Cream Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.