Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Mix together spinach, pepperoni, and cheese for delicious easy appetizer.” - by jen22
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush both sides of each portobello mushroom cap with Italian dressing. Arrange mushroom on a baking sheet, gill sides up.
- Bake mushrooms in the preheated oven until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain any juice that has formed in the mushrooms.
- Beat egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Stir spinach, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, and 3 tablespoons bread crumbs into the eggs until evenly mixed.
- Divide spinach mixture over mushroom caps; sprinkle mushrooms with remaining 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon bread crumbs. Return mushrooms to the oven.
- Continue baking until topping is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 168 cal
- 10.7 g
- 7.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"I’m happy to be this recipe’s first reviewer and to offer this glowing review. I LOVED these; however, I used them as a vegetable side dish, not as an appetizer. I altered the recipe only slightly –..." See more the uncooked spinach is so bulky I knew it would be a problem filling the mushrooms caps, but microwaving it briefly until it was slightly wilted took care of that issue handily. Since I was serving this as a side dish I was tempted to omit the pepperoni and I’m so glad I didn’t – the flavor it contributed was distinct, delicious and would have been missed. These were meaty, substantive and flavorful, not to mention an attractive and inviting statement on the dinner plate."
"These were fantastic! I used salami instead of pepperoni and it was delicious. Also when draining the mushrooms after the first baking round, know that they're extremely full of juice and are fragile ..." See morefrom being cooked. I'd recommend a turkey baster to remove the juices and not break the mushroom edges trying to pour it out. Otherwise fantastic recipe!"
"These were delicious! I only made two but used the ingredients as written for four. I sauteed chopped onion and red bell pepper in a little olive oil until softened and translucent, then tossed the ra..." See morew spinach on top to wilt it down a bit. Added all the other ingredients, mixed and topped the portabellas. Worked out great. I baked for slightly longer than the amount of time written to get the mozzarella on top to brown slightly. Thanks for this recipe. I'll be making it often. BTW we used this as a main course."
The Best Stuffed Mushrooms
Beef and Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Just swipe to see more like this.