Crunchy and Delicious Granola3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“After searching for a healthier granola recipe, I tweaked a few to lessen the sugar. I use seeds instead of nuts due to allergies. Still very crunchy, delicious, and satisfying! Change the dried fruit to fit your tastes (blueberries, cherries, cranberries, apricots, etc.).” - by cait713
Original recipe yields 20 1/4-cup servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oatmeal, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, wheat germ, chopped dried cherries, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Pour applesauce mixture over the oatmeal mixture; mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets; smooth into a single thin layer.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, stir gently to turn, and continue cooking until crisp and golden brown, another 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 115 cal
- 2.9 g
- 19.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I submitted this recipe. AR changed my ingredient list, but you should use raw, unsalted seeds and you should have no problems with saltiness of this granola. Also, I always do a combination of drie..." See mored fruit. I chop dried cherries, blueberries, apples, cranberries, and apricots and add them to a 1-cup measuring cup until it is full. It gives a nice variety of flavor. This is not a super sweet granola! The fruit provide most of the sweetness. Enjoy!"
"Not as crunchy as I hoped. I did use no salt raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I also upped the flax seeds and the wheat germ to 1/4 each. Upped the cinnamon to almost a tablespoon, kinda chewy finsih...." See more...and kinda bland due to lack of salt and no sweetness...next time I would add some brown sugar and maybe 2 tblspns of olive oil. Good potential and very healthy. Tasty in my yogurt today...just not the best recipe I have tried....but thanks!"
Dee's Dark Chocolate Granola
Crunchy Granola Breakfast Cereal
Just swipe to see more like this.