Gluten-Free Granola Bars17 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“These are versatile chewy granola bars. You can add or omit as your allergies dictate. I enjoy raisins and sesame seeds, with less chocolate chips. These are not overly sweet. I buy roasted almonds with no salt and chop them in the food processor. My cashews are usually roasted and salted. It can be made with raw nuts. You could use almond or soy butter if allergic to peanuts.” - by cookingmama
Original recipe yields 36 small bars
- Mix syrup and peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir about half the chocolate chips into the syrup mixture.
- Mix remaining chocolate chips, almonds, cashews, oatmeal, crispy rice cereal, and flax seed meal in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture from the saucepan over the mixture in the bowl; stir to evenly coat.
- Transfer mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish and press into an even layer; allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 127 cal
- 6.4 g
- 16.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"So yummy! To make these a little healthier, I subbed agave nectar for the corn syrup and brown rice cereal instead of regular rice cereal... Will be making these again!..." See more"
"Well, I didn't have any corn syrup so I had to improvise and it turned out amazing! I will make this again. Instead of corn syrup I used 1/2 cup of honey and 1/2 cup of aunt jemima syrup (haha). I use..." See mored cappuccino chips because I just wanted a different flavour. Otherwise I did everything the same and YUM!! I also pressed it into a pan lined with wax paper to make them come out nicer. I also found that in order to get 36 bars you really have to cut these small (less than an inch to get 12 across the pan - not what the picture would suggest). Not really realistic for anyone to eat them that small but it doesn't really matter. But if you are making this for a group you might over estimate what you have that's all. Because I had used honey and syrup they came out a little soft but I think they are better that way anyway they don't even taste like a granola bar."
Cranberry Nut Granola Bars
Ultra Yummy Breakfast Granola Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.