Real Strawberry Frosting72 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“I wanted REAL strawberry frosting for my Real Strawberry Cupcakes and could not find an acceptable recipe. I wanted an intense strawberry taste without using an extract or gelatin. I came up with this recipe using a strawberry puree reduction that is truly the strawberry-est. If you love strawberries, you'll LOVE THIS!!!” - by Candice
Original recipe yields 18 servings
- Place strawberries in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Transfer strawberry puree to a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring often, until puree is reduced by at least half, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat 1 cup confectioners' sugar into butter until just blended.
- Beat 2 tablespoons strawberry puree and vanilla extract into butter mixture until just blended.
- Repeat with 1 cup confectioners' sugar, followed by 2 tablespoons strawberry puree two more times.
- Beat last 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar into mixture until just blended.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 189 cal
- 10.3 g
- 25 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (72)Rate This Recipe
"I really wanted that strawberry flavor to shine--what I did was add one teaspoon of strawberry extract and add an additional teaspoon of confectioners' sugar to make up for the additional liquid. I al..." See moreso added a dash of salt because Grandma taught me to always do so when making homemade frosting. This was FANTASTIC. It turned out like bakery frosting and the family kept eating the frosting off the cake.........and leaving the cake!"
"Fabulous recipe. I did use more strawberries (I like the flavor) and ended up not using 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar. Overall divine!..." See more"
"This was a perfect find for me today! Me and the little guy made some cupcakes that we stuffed w/ Golden Oreos (we were playing, lol), and I was looking for a different type of frosting besides the us..." See moreual chocolate or vanilla...then I stumbled upon Marianne's pic in the photo pages (Thanks, Marianne!), and I decided that this was it. It also worked out b/c I had some strawberries that were a little past their prime, so what better to do w/ them than make this... LOVED the fresh flavor, and so simple to make too! Thanks, Candice, for a wonderfully delicious frosting~YUM! :)"
Quick and Almost-Professional Buttercream Icing
Vanilla Latte Frosting
Just swipe to see more like this.