Patsy's Half-Baked Blueberry Pie0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Best blueberry pie ever created by my friend Patsy. Most blueberry pies lose the depth of taste of the original fruit and dissolve into sweetness. This one explodes with fresh blueberry flavor. Top with fresh cut strawberries and whipped cream.” - by Ken Rosenfeld
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Press pie crust dough into a pie pan. Poke small holes into dough with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Place cream cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave on High to soften, about 20 seconds.
- Spread softened cream cheese in the bottom of cooled crust.
- Layer 2 1/2 cups blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Whisk cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until dissolved.
- Stir cornstarch mixture, 2 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the thickened blueberry mixture over the raw blueberries in the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Cool pie in refrigerator until set, at least 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 455 cal
- 21.4 g
- 63.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Topless Blueberry Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.