Stuffed Morel Mushrooms0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“This is a once-a-year treat, seafood and cream cheese-stuffed whole morel mushrooms. The taste is simply to die for. White morels are best. Harvest at the end of the season. Hint: The end of the season produces the biggest morel mushrooms.” - by Root's
Original recipe yields 6 large stuffed mushrooms
- Gently clean whole morel mushrooms of dirt and grit; place mushrooms, stem sides down, in a colander and drain for about 5 minutes.
- Trim bottoms of the hollow stems, so the hole is big enough for filling.
- Mix cream cheese, crabmeat, and green onion in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Spoon mixture into a heavy resealable plastic bag. Force the cream cheese mixture into a corner of the bag. Cut a small snip off the corner of the bag.
- Insert cut tip of the plastic bag into the hollow stem of each mushroom and fill the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place dry breading mix in a shallow bowl. Roll the stuffed mushrooms in the dry mix; tap off excess breading.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Deep-fry the stuffed mushrooms until the breading is golden brown and the mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Allow to drain on paper towels.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 117 cal
- 10.2 g
- 4.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Gary's Stuffed Mushrooms
Texas Stuffed Mushrooms
Just swipe to see more like this.