Morel Quiche1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Fluffy eggs, ham, and fresh morel mushrooms.” - by Laura Miller
Original recipe yields 1 quiche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and ham in butter until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in morel mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms release their liquid, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in black pepper and remove from heat.
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and crimp the edges with a fork. Poke the bottom and sides of the pie crust several times with the fork.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven just until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, cream, and flour in a bowl until well blended; stir in Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spread ham and mushroom mixture into the pie crust and pour egg mixture over the filling.
- Bake quiche in the preheated oven until crust is browned and the filling is set and lightly browned, about 45 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 338 cal
- 26.7 g
- 15.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This quiche is delicious! I had one piece, and DH and DS devoured the rest. I wish I had been able to find morels, but since I couldn't, I used regular button mushrooms. My only other deviation fro..." See morem the recipe was to use 6 green onions, with tops, for the chopped onion. Excellent! Sorry, my picture doesn't do it justice."
Ham and Hash Brown Quiche
Becky's Healthier Ham and Cheese Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.