K-Dub's Sausage and Egg Casserole10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 9 hr
“A cheesy blend of sausage and eggs are baked between layers of store-bought crescent roll dough in this make-ahead breakfast casserole.” - by K-Dub
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and ground mustard in a large bowl.
- Stir Cheddar cheese and sausage into the egg mixture.
- Roll out crescent roll dough and place one sheet on the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture into baking dish; place the second sheet of crescent roll dough on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Allow casserole to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before baking; remove plastic.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg is set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 507 cal
- 33.9 g
- 25.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I cut this recipe in half. How I did it was bake it in a 8x8 square pan and just use half the crescent roll dough on the bottom and the other half on the top. I made my own turkey sausage using ground..." See more turkey and spices and the milk I used was a mixture of 1% milk and fat free evaporated milk, which made it creamier. I did add some fresh ground pepper to the eggs. This turned out like a mix between a strata and a stuffed breakfast pizza. My family liked this but my husband thought it needed a little more inside the crescent rolls. Next time, I'll throw in some sauteed vegetables and maybe some spices. Good base recipe to make your own."
"YUMMY! I used 1 roll of crescents in an 8x8 pan, but kept everything else the same b/c I wanted a nice, thick casserole...worked perfectly! Great flavor and couldn't have been simplier...will be makin..." See moreg this again! Thanks for sharing. :)"
Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Sausage and Apple Breakfast Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.