Asparagus Pie28 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 42 min
- Ready In: 57 min
“This dish is similar to a clafoutis but is savory.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter the inside edges of a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Stir flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, black pepper, fresh thyme, and milk together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk eggs and lemon zest into milk mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir asparagus and 1/4 teaspoon salt in melted butter until the asparagus turns dark green and is coated with butter, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Layer asparagus in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Pour batter evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pie has puffed up and is browned around the edges, 40 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 113 cal
- 5.6 g
- 10.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"This turned out great. I followed the measurements exactly, but used a 1.5 qt. casserole dish so I baked it 55-60 minutes. It was delicious. My hubby loved it and I loved how easy it was to make. I wi..." See morell definitely make it again. It's a keeper!"
"I too followed the recipe but added some leftover ham for a one dish meal. I did leave out the thyme. It's not a family favorite. Substituted with a bit of rosemary which I added to the asparagus w..." See morehile sauteing. There are so many ways you can make this dish your own while adding different ingredients. I think next time I just might try it has a Broccoli pie. What a great way to put veggies in the chidren."
Roasted Asparagus Prosciutto and Egg
Fresh Asparagus Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.