Pan-Fried Falafel3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I love falafel, but I don't deep-fry them. This is how I make them in a pan. Serve with warm pitas, tzatziki, and your favorite diced vegetables. Enjoy!!!” - by T.J.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place chickpeas in a food processor; puree to a thick paste.
- Place onion, parsley, and garlic in the food processor; puree with chickpeas until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk egg, cumin, coriander, salt, baking powder, lemon juice, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl.
- Stir egg mixture and 1 tablespoon olive oil into chickpea mixture until well mixed.
- Slowly stir bread crumbs into chickpea mixture until it holds together but is not sticky. Adjust with more or less bread crumbs as needed.
- Form mixture into balls and flatten into small patties.
- Pour olive oil to 1 inch deep in a large cast iron skillet; place over medium-high heat.
- Fry patties in hot oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 309 cal
- 12.8 g
- 40.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Pan-fried Falafel Haiku: "Followed recipe, but didn't use all that oil. Taste was super-great!" I've found that when making falafel or black bean patties, that it's much easier to patty 'em up in plas..." See moretic wrap and freeze them for as long as needed until ready to prepare. They hold together much better, and go easily from freezer to skillet. Oh, and while I used all the ingredients and followed the directions, I didn't use all that oil, as it didn't seem necessary; they browned up nice and crispy just fine w/ just a light coating of EVOO in the pan. Ate mine w/ Sriaracha; TASTY!"
Simple Falafel (Chickpea Burgers)
Just swipe to see more like this.