Trail Mix Bars3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“These no-bake bars make a yummy snack that the entire family will love! If desired, you can substitute other nut butter for the peanut butter and other nuts and seeds for the sunflower seeds.” - by leeka
Original recipe yields 24 bars
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix crispy rice cereal, oat cereal rings, sunflower seeds, raisins, and chocolate chips together in a large bowl.
- Stir honey and brown sugar in a saucepan, place over high heat, and bring to a boil. Stir and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth and well blended.
- Pour the hot peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish to make an even layer.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 259 cal
- 12.7 g
- 34.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made one substitution--I used chopped peanuts in place of the sunflower seeds only because that was what I had on hand. The chocolate chips I used were mini and the peanut butter I used was Extra Cr..." See moreunchy Jif. I followed the directions exact, they were simple and right on point. These turned out great, my family loved these. I think these would be just as good if I omitted the brown sugar. I'm going to try another batch in a couple days and see if my family likes them as much as them without the extra sugar, then update my review."
"These bars don't hold together when they are cut - can anyone suggest what might have gone wrong?..." See more"
Granola Energy Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.