Neapolitan Cupcakes15 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Brownie bottom, strawberry cake middle, and vanilla frosting top!” - by AlyssaJS7
Original recipe yields 4 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 48 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Stir both packages of brownie mix with 1 cup vegetable oil, 4 eggs, and 1/2 cup water in a large bowl until evenly combined and smooth.
- Mix strawberry cake mix with 1 cup water, 3 eggs, and 1/3 cup vegetable oil in a separate bowl until moistened. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons brownie batter into the bottom of each prepared muffin cup.
- Top the brownie batter with strawberry cake batter, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cupcakes spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in pans for about 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling on racks.
- Beat unsalted butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a bowl until butter is pale and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat confectioners' sugar into the butter, about 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. After each addition of confectioners' sugar, raise mixer speed to high to beat as much air as possible into the frosting; reduce speed to low and continue beating until frosting is smooth. Repeat until all confectioners' sugar is incorporated, about 5 minutes of beating time; beat in vanilla extract.
- Spread cooled cupcakes with buttercream frosting.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 294 cal
- 16.7 g
- 35.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I wasn't too sure about the combination of brownies and cake, but these are incredible! The trio of chocolate, strawberry, & vanilla are just perfect! They are also quite visually appealing. Super s..." See moreweet, but hey it's a cupcake not a muffin!!"
"I am not one to usually write reviews but this recipe deserves the time. This is an OUTSTANDING recipe. These cupcakes appeal to all tastes. I made 130 of them for a cupcake tower for my daughter's..." See more graduation. They are not fussy however they are special enough. Everyone LOVED them... even the chocolate lovers. I would also like to add that the frosting held up in 90+ degrees in high humidity. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. It has been added to my favorites in my collection and already been passed on to several family members."
Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Just swipe to see more like this.