Peanut Butter Potato Candy19 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 20 min
“This candy is super easy to make and the ingredients are ones that most people usually have readily available in the house.” - by Brandilynn7
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Combine mashed potatoes, milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl.
- Stir confectioners' sugar into potato mixture until a dough consistency is reached. Refrigerate dough until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar on a cutting board or waxed paper.
- Roll dough into a large rectangular shape on prepared surface.
- Spread enough peanut butter on top layer of dough to cover.
- Roll dough into a jelly roll shape; refrigerate roll for 1 hour. Slice dough into pinwheels to serve.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 117 cal
- 2.2 g
- 24 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"This candy is super delicious and sweet. My mother use to make this for me when I was little, I made it for my children and then grandchildren. It's always a big hit. Do NOT alter this make as dire..." See morected. Thanks for reminding me of my childhood Brandilynn. Brings back so many memories. I would give this a 10 if available. Keep this refrigerated after you make it."
"Love this recipe! It's a traditional Irish recipe that my family made for years around the holidays. I use more than 1/3 a cup of peanut butter because I like a thick layer (and I like the peanut butt..." See moreer with the honey because the flavor is wonderful and it's easy to spread.) Make sure that you put this into the fridge until you are ready to serve."
"A favorite recipe from my childhood! My mom made this for Christmas, to put on the cookie tray and it was always one of my favorites, because I love peanut butter so much. I did not measure the peanut..." See more butter for this recipe, I just spread a generous layer on top of the potato/sugar layer. You definitely want to keep this in the fridge until you are ready to serve. I keep it in an air tight container, with wax paper in between the layers."
Peanut Butter Glaze
Irish Potato Candy
Just swipe to see more like this.